” NREL WORKSHOP”
• A workshop hosted by Power Foundation and conducted by National Renewable Energy Limited (NREL) of U.S Department of Energy on ReEDS (Regional Energy Deployment Model) -India tool was held on 7-9 September 2022.
• Mr. Ilya Chernyakhovskiy, Grid System Researcher, NREL and Mr. Stuart M Cohen, Energy System Analyst, NREL were the faculty for the workshop.
• Professionals from NTPC, Powergrid, REC, IREDA, Power Foundation, select I-FELP members and WEC India Secretariat participated in the workshop.
• The program imparted conceptual and hands-on training and covered long-term planning for India’s power sector using NREL’s open-access ReEDS India tool.
• For ongoing engagement of the workshop participants, NREL has formed Modeling Working Group (MWG).